The ‘Overcoming Barriers’ event will centre on how we collectively can overcome challenges for women and ethnic minorities in law, from tackling inequality in the profession across commercial and public sector practice to breaking the glass ceiling. We hope to discuss common barriers to career progression as well as positive initiatives to address inequality in the profession.
The event concludes our International Women’s Day celebrations and, in these challenging times, we hope to create a positive and empowering experience for those in attendance.
We are honoured to be joined by the Hon. Dame Linda Dobbs D.B.E. Following a successful career at the Bar, Dame Linda became the first non-white high court judge in the UK. She has been a member of and chaired a number of committees focusing on race relations, equal opportunities, equality and diversity. She also provides training internationally as well as continued mentoring and support to young people from BaME backgrounds.
- Victoria Anderson, Chief Executive Officer, Big Voice London
- Harriet Wistrich, Solicitor at Birnberg Peirce and founder of the Centre for Women's Justice
- Mia Hakl-Law, Operations Manager, Garden Court Chambers
- Di Middleton QC (Chair), Garden Court Chambers
- Marguerite Russell, Founding Member of Garden Court Chambers
Entry is by invitation only. However, if you are interested in attending, please email email@example.com.
The event will be followed by a drinks reception.